2019-03-07 BHRA Announcements
Thursday, March 07, 2019
- Change drive for “The Dwelling Place Pennies for the Essentials Pantry” going on now. There’s a collection jug in the office. Let’s raise more money than BHES & BHJH.
- If you are interested in tutoring math, come see Mr. Hasty for more information.
- DACC has extended the deadline for the foundation scholarships again! New deadline is Friday March 8th at 5 PM. You will need to upload your high school transcript, see Mrs. Stephens to have her email it to you.
- Congratulations to Emilee Gallas who received an honorable mention for her artwork that was submitted to the annual Eric Show art competition. Her work was one of around 230 pieces submitted from 20 or more area schools, so this is a huge accomplishment. Also a big congratulations to the other nine BHRA students who had their work submitted to the show as well; Destiney Bennett, Olivia Beyer, Morgan Bilstad, Ryley Cash, Kayla Ferrell, Emma Harvey, Jillian Russell, Kamille Smith and Taylor Stephenson. Their artwork will be hanging in the Illini Union Art Gallery on the U of I campus in Urbana until March 29th. If you happen to be over that way feel free to stop in and take a look!
- Congratulations to the following students who were accepted into the National Honor Society this year! Isela Arvizu, Jackson Kopatich, Jett Villanueva, Lexi Hudson, Cooper Watson, Morgan Miller, Anniston Myers, Grace Omundson, Montana Reitsma, Parker Stonecipher. Congratulations on your hard work and success! Stay tuned for the date for Induction.
- All College Express applications are due to Mrs. Stephens this Friday. If you are taking Health Occupations, Criminal Justice, or Early Childhood Education see Mrs. Stephens to sign up for the placement test that will be given on March 19th.
- Devilette Tryouts will be March 18, 19 & 20 from 7-8pm in the Wilcox Gym. Anyone interested in trying out needs to attend all 3 practices. Come grab a flyer in the office to see what you need to wear/bring for tryouts.
- Juniors, you can still sign up for SAT prep class! We’d love to have you! See Mrs. Stephens, Miss Mathis or Mr. Hasty for details.
- Seniors – if you are looking for full time employment after graduation, please see Mrs. Stephens today. SYGMA and other companies are hiring starting at $15 an hour. Mrs. K will be here today to meet with you about a resume and set up a time for SYGMA to come HERE to interview you.
- The final BHRACHS Blood Drive of the year is this Friday! The sign-up is in the office. Please be sure to sign up to donate. If you are 16, the parental/guardian consent forms are located by the sign-up sheet and need to be turned into Mr. Beukelman as soon as possible. Remember, this is an easy way to help save up to three lives.
- Sophomores – your pre-registration forms are due this week
- Seniors – The Miley Reed Memorial Foundation will be giving out a $1000 scholarship to a graduating senior going into the education field. Pick up an application in Mrs. Stephens office.