2018-10-22 BHRA Announcements
Monday, October 22, 2018
- Seniors – Priority deadline for U of I is November 1st.
- The BHRA volleyball team head to Saint Joseph Ogden tonight to take on the salt Fork storm at 5:30 in the first round of regional play. Good luck to the blue Devils tonight and we would love to see our awesome fans at Saint Joe at 5:30! Go big blue!
- SIU will be here today during homeroom to meet with any interested juniors or seniors. See Mrs. Stephens for a pass.
- There will be a meeting Tuesday during homeroom for anyone interested in joining the Yearbook Staff to help create this year’s yearbook. Please meet in the counseling lobby.
- Get your costumes ready! Next Wednesday is Halloween. We will be giving prizes for the best costumes. Judging will take place at 8:15.
- Congratulations to the cross country team on a great performance at regionals this past Saturday in Kankakee. It was a tough regional with multiple top ten state ranked teams. We had three individuals qualify for sectionals at Lisle this weekend: Lexi Darby, Gabe Martinez (who placed fifth overall in the race), and Eli Mojonnier. Those who PR'd for the season on Saturday were: Emerson Thorlton, Evan Wheeler-Steidel, Brandon Grabhorn, and Kayden Trimble. Great work, freshman boys! Also, thank you to our seniors: Annie Nelson, Morgan Bilstad, Madison Bilstad, and Colin Schaumburg. We wish you the best in the rest of your senior academic and athletic careers!
- Today is the first day of open mats, I am excited to see lots of new and old faces out. ~Mr. Head
- Congratulations to Dalton Hagley and Evan Maxwell for strong showings at the Opening Chess Tournament on Saturday.
- Anyone interested in scholastic bowl, there will be a meeting in Mr. Hasty’s room on Thursday during homeroom.
- Congratulations to the Freshman Football team who finished their undefeated season with a 16-6 victory over PBL on Thursday night. Rhett Harper and Seth Hickman took care of the scoring. They each scored on a long touchdown run. Tucker Schultz ran for 90 yards and Quarterback Dawson Dodd threw for 80 yards. The Freshmen finished the season 6-0.
- The varsity football team completed their regular season Friday with a 56-34 victory over Seneca. Caleb Lahey ran for 231 yards and 4 touchdowns. Jacob Akins ran for 154 yards and 3 touchdowns as the Blue Devils offensive line dominated the trenches. Quarterback Avery McConkey completed 3 passes that included a 43 yard reception by sophomore Brody Sexton. The coaching staff wants to say thank you to the 4 seniors: Marcos Morales, Camryn Wangler, Luke Dice & Zane Reining as they played their last regular season game. The Blue Devils will host a first round playoff game on Saturday at 2pm. The West Hancock Titans return for a rematch of last year’s 2nd round game.