2018-10-09 BHRA Announcements
Tuesday, October 09, 2018
- Pancake Day People: Please work on selling those tickets, and be sure to get the money and permission slips to Mr. Beukelman as soon as possible. Thank you!
- Football playoff shirt orders and money due to the office tomorrow.
- Tonight is the annual vermilion valley conference pink night to benefit breast cancer awareness month! So wear your pink and come on out to the freshman, JV, and varsity volleyball games and help us raise funds for this worthwhile cause. All proceeds go to the OSF Cancer foundation. There will be a few games and some giveaways plus a chance to win three different fantastic prizes. So pink it up, and help us crash the corn jerkers!
- Today is the annual volleyball bake sale going on in the cafeteria during lunch hours, everything is one dollar! We have puppy chow!
- Don't forget to wish your cross country runners good luck today at their conference meet in Chrisman! Runners will be dismissed at 2pm, bus leaves at 2:15. Good Luck Blue Devils!
- The following students have books in at the library: Drew Reifsteck, Mercedes Mincey, Leigh Libby, Aden Collins.
- Thank you to all of the student council members that helped to organize events during homecoming week. You did a great job.
- BHRA opened the post season with a win defeating Schlarman 7-1. The Blue devils received 3 goals from Drew Reifsteck and a goal apiece from Evan Walworth, Griffin Winkler, and Cameron Douglass in the 1st half to lead 6-0 at half. Griffin Winkler had 2 assists on 2 of the goals. BHRA’s Elijah Tidwell opened the scoring in the second half with a goal. Michael French and Andrew Tingley combined for 4 saves in the win.
- Seniors – Eastern Illinois University if waiving their application fee until October 15th. Go to eiu.edu/apply to apply.
- Juniors – Great job last week at float building & tear down. 50/50 sellers – you rock! Class of 2020 is awesome!
- BHRA is helping Tackle Hunger at Friday nights Football game. We need 5 students to volunteer to help collect food. Please see Rochelle if you can help.
- Seniors – There will be a FAFSA completion workshop today during homeroom in the computer lab.
- Juniors taking PSAT tomorrow, please be in the team room by 8:20. Bring 2 #2 pencils and a calculator. You will be testing until 12:15.
- Friday night’s Varsity Game at Salt Fork is WCIA 3’s Spotlight game this week. WCIA 3 is having a Tackle Hunger Food Drive for Eastern Illinois Food Bank. They want to see which team can bring in the most food and monetary donations to the game Friday night. Food and money donations can be brought to the High School Office or Rochelle’s office all this week. The most wanted canned goods are: Canned meats, canned complete meals (ravioli, Spaghetti-Os, etc.), canned beans and other vegetables, canned fruit, boxed meals, and peanut butter.
- Congratulations to the Golf Team on a great season!