2018-09-28 BHRA Announcements
Friday, September 28, 2018
- We have size Youth Small, Youth Medium, and Youth Large Team Blake shirts for sale in the office. Just $10/ea!
- There are small and medium Fear the Devils t-shirts for sale for $10 each. See Mrs. Russell if you would like to buy one.
- Anyone interested in volunteering for the Annual Kiwanis Pancake and Sausage Day, please see Mr. Beukelman to pick up a book of tickets. All other information will be handed out at that point. This has been a long-time Key Club event, and it is a great day out of school. Let's keep the tradition going!
- Date request forms are available in the office. They are due back to the office by Thursday, October 4th.
- Any student interested in taking the ACT – today is the deadline to register to take the October 27th ACT at DACC. Go to www.act.org to register.
- 2018-2019 Yearbook Pre-sale has been extended until October 19th. Pre-order your yearbook with personalization on the cover for $60.00. Order forms are available in the office, or order online at www.yearbookforever.com and search for BHRA.
- Homecoming Week is next week. Check out the posters in the hallways for times and activities for the week. Students who would like to participate in the class games in homeroom next week, sign up with your class sponsor for pyramid races and tug of war.
- 2 Large Soccer shirts for sale in the high school office -- $12/each.
- Monday’s Homecoming Dress-Up Day is Tweedledee & Tweedledum… TWINS.
- Monday is that last day to bring in a pair of new shoes for the Vermilion County “From your heart to their sole” shoe drive.
- Congratulations to the cross country team on their race at Hanging Rock last night! Gabe Martinez won the race overall with a time of 16:51. Make sure to wish your Blue Devils good luck as they take on the kickapoo course this weekend for the Oakwood Invite!
- Congratulations to the JV and varsity volleyball teams for their wins over Westville last night. Great team effort!
- There will be a macho volleyball meeting for all junior and senior boys who are interested in playing in the macho volleyball game Thursday evening after the Schlarman home game on bonfire night. Please meet Coach Kentner in the high school gym after you have checked in with your homeroom teacher.
- The golf team finished 3rd in the VVC Conference meet yesterday. Izaiah Lusk shot 84, (6th place), Kevin Clap 88, (7th place), making them All-Conference Selections. Michael Chochola finished with 97, Dalton Weidenburner 102, Isaac Tables 124 and Noah Pitzer at 125. Allison shot 105 in the ladies division finishing in 3rd place making her an All – Conference selection too.
- BHRA defeated Oakwood/Salt Fork 10-0 Thursday night in Oakwood. The Blue Devils scores twice in the first 3 minutes of the game on 2 goals by Drew Reifsteck. That opened the flood gates and the Blue Devils received goals from Elijah Tidwell, Griffin Winkler, Phillip Howie, Cameron Douglass, Carsen White, Ethan Tutwiler, and Hayden Roberts. Michael French and Andrew Tingley combined for the shutout in goal. Play again at Schlarman on Tuesday at 6 pm.
- Mr. Ward’s behind-the-wheel students in periods 1, 2, 6, 8, and homeroom should report to their class on Monday, October 1st.
- Juniors – We need $$ for Powderpuff shirts ASAP. Also, we need newspapers. Bring them in Monday.
- Congratulations to the Freshman Football team who defeated Westville last night 22-0. Quarterback Dawson Dodd threw for 130 yards and 2 touchdowns. Tucker Schultz also scored on a 7 yard run. Mason Hackman caught 4 passes from Dodd for 67 yards and a touchdown. Rhett Harper also completed a pass to Dodd. The defense allowed only 43 total yards to Westville led by Connor Gillespie, Seth Hickman, Jace Waterman, Maddox Cash, and Nick Garmon. The Freshmen are now 4-0. Come out next Thursday as they Freshmen host Oakwood at 6pm.