2018-09-12 BHRA Announcements
Wednesday, September 12, 2018
- Seniors – permission slips for DACC’s College Day are due Friday.
- Congratulations to the Sophomore class officers: President- Ryan Brazel, Vice President- Morgan Miller, Secretary- Mercedeez Barrett, and Treasurer- Dalton Weidenburner.
- There will be a Sophomore class meeting on Thursday during homeroom in Wilcox Gym.
- Congratulations to the Sophomore Homecoming Attendants: Noah Gomez and Morgan Miller.
- All members of the homecoming court will have a meeting in Mrs. Russell’s room today. Please make every effort to be there.
- Congratulations to the cross country team on a hard race last night! Gabe Martinez won the boys race as an individual, and Lexi Darby placed 10th overall in the girls race. The boys team placed 5th and the girls team placed 3rd. Come cheer on your blue devils at their last home meet of this season this Thursday. They race at 4:15 at Rossville Junior High!
- FCA will be meeting today in the library during homeroom to work on locker decorations. Snacks will be provided.
- U of I admissions rep will be here during homeroom today to meet with any interested juniors or seniors. See Mrs. Stephens for a pass.
- Congratulations Junior attendants, Drew Reifsteck & Laura Loos.
- BHRA defeated Oakwood/SF 5-2 Tuesday in a Vermilion Valley conference game. Cameron Douglass had 2 goals and Drew Reifsteck had a goal and 2 assists in the win. Other goal scorers were Elijah Tidwell and Keanu King, Griffin Winkler added an assist. Dawson Rodgers had the 2 goals for Oakwood/SF. BHRA improves to 8-0-1 (2-0) on the season. Next contest is Thursday vs Schlarman at 6pm in Rossville.
- Both the JV and Varsity teams won last night against Hoopeston. The varsity is undefeated in the VVC now. Great job harvesting the Cornjerkers! Emma Clapp also set a new BHRA match record with 32 digs back on the Schlarman match! Awesome job Emma!
- Tomorrow night – quadruple threat – Golf, Cross Country, Soccer & Volleyball all have home meets tomorrow night. Wear your blue and come on out! We’re working out details for prizes if you attend multiple events. Listen tomorrow for details!
- Can you add this one: congratulations to Emily Meidel for being named athlete of the week in the News-Gazette! Her picture with our team is in the paper today, awesome job Emily!