Bismarck-Henning Rossville-Alvin Cooperative High School
Tuesday, July 21st, 2020
- In-Person Registration is currently scheduled for the week of Aug 3rd - Aug 7th. Please see below for your student’s day to register. More information will be coming by email soon including forms, fee information, and location.
- Monday, August 3rd - SENIORS - 8am-12pm & 3pm-7pm
- Tuesday, August 4th - JUNIORS - 8am-12pm & 3pm-7pm
- Wednesday, August 5th - SOPHOMORES - 8am-12pm & 3pm-7pm
- Thursday, August 6th - FRESHMEN - 8am-12pm & 3pm-7pm
- Friday, August 7th - OPEN - 8am-12pm & 3pm-7pm (for anyone unable to attend on their scheduled day
College Express Updates
- College Express Classes will be meeting at DACC this fall. Classes will be limited to 9 students, but where possible, extra sections will be created to accommodate larger classes and/or sections will be split in some way to maintain social distancing
- College Express students will need to arrive on campus, go directly to their classroom, and then from their classroom to their car. Students will not be allowed to visit Subway or wander the campus.
- Students will have their temperatures taken prior to entering the building in which they have class.
Freshmen & Seniors - Information from Nurse Kelly (email@example.com)
- FRESHMEN - ALL incoming freshmen need a school physical. Incoming freshmen will not require a sports physical if they are playing sports because the school physical is sufficient. All incoming freshmen must have their vaccinations up-to-date. If you do not know if your vaccinations are up-to-date, please contact your primary care provider.
- SENIORS - All seniors require their 2nd meningococcal vaccine. If a meningococcal vaccine was received after the age of 16, a 2nd meningococcal vaccine is not necessary. If a meningococcal vaccine was received in sixth grade, which is common practice for sixth graders, the second meningococcal vaccine is due the first day of senior year. The required meningococcal vaccine covers meningitis A, C, W and Y. The vaccine for meningitis B, often called Bexsero, is not required.
- Tryouts BEGIN TONIGHT, from 5:30pm-8:00pm and Saturday, July 25th, from 9am-11am. Please see the attached information and bring the filled out information form with you to the first night of try-outs. Form Link Here: (Devilette Tryouts Information)
Free/Reduced Lunch & Fee Waiver Applications
- If you have not already, please take a moment and fill out the free/reduced lunch & fee waiver application. We know some incomes have changed during this pandemic. The waiver can be found here: https://5il.co/hxxf. One waiver can be filled out for all of your BH & BHRA students. Please get these back to us as soon as possible by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to: BHJH, Attn: Rusty Campbell, PO Box 350, Bismarck, IL 61814. Let us know if you have any questions.
- ISBE has notified us that the SAT with essay will be administered to all students in the class of 2021 on October 14th at BHRA. We are hoping to be able to provide SAT review sessions as well, more information will be given once school starts.
- Sports physicals are still required this year. Please make your appointments asap. IHSA has not extended the deadlines on physicals. There will not be physicals done at BHRA this year. If your student is an incoming freshman, their school physical will work for athletics this school year.
Student Athlete Workouts
- If you have not yet been contacted about summer workouts for student athletes and are interested, please contact Tom Johnson at email@example.com. A waiver must be filled out and brought on your first day. (Waiver)
Links & FAQs:
- Mr. Rademacher & Jenny are still available. Please feel free to email us if we can help you with anything. You can also call the office at 217-759-7291. If we don’t answer, please leave us a message.
Guidance Counselor (Mrs. Stephens - firstname.lastname@example.org)
BHRA Social Worker (Ms. Wilt - email@example.com)
- Feel free to reach out if she can help.