2019-12-10 BHRA Announcements
Tuesday, December 10, 2019
- Congratulations to the Blue Devils girls Basketball team for beating Hoopeston 47-17. BHRA moves to 8-0 and 2-0 in Conference play. Come out and see us in action tonight at 5:30 versus Covington in the Wilcox Gym.
- Come support your band and chorus students at their concert – Thursday night at 6:30pm.
- Seniors – new scholarships posted: Douglas and Grace Herr, Vermilion County Association of Educational Office Professionals, Lori Drennan Nern Memorial, and Patricia and James Pelley Memorial. See Mrs. Stephens for more information and check your school email for a link to all scholarships and applications.
- Please turn in your senior superlative forms by Wednesday. If you haven’t gotten a ballot yet, please see Saddie Penrod or Mrs. Stephens.
- Every Tuesday and Thursday before break. Winter track workouts will begin for all non-Winter athletes. Starting at 3:30 until 4:15.
- Senior Yearbook Photos due to Mrs. Stephens on Friday.
- National Honor Society Candidate Information Packets are due to Ms. Mathis by 3pm on Friday! Remember to turn in your entire packet, including two letters of recommendation, all at once. Thank you, and good luck to all participating!
- Tonight is a big night as our boys take on Hoopeston (JV @ 6, Varsity @ 7) and our girls take on Covington (@ 6). You helped us pick our banner for the section - now let’s teach it to the Trojans & Cornjerkers! “Beware of the Zoo”. Come dressed in your animal finest - cat ears, horse head, get creative! $10 gift cards will be drawn at the half time of the girls and Varsity boys games. Your name will be entered once for dressing as the theme and once more if you are sporting our Blue Zoo shirt! Anyone participating will receive one free popcorn!
- SENIORS: Please stop in the office to approve your name and spelling for your diploma.
- Wreaths Across America is Saturday, December 14, at 11:00am at the Danville National Cemetery. If you are interested in helping honor our fallen veterans, please sign up with either Mr. Beukelman or Ms. Mathis. Attendees need to be at the cemetery by 10:45, and the placement of wreaths will begin after the ceremony. If you are attending, please dress appropriately for whatever weather we may have. Thank you for your help on this national event.