2019-10-23 BHRA Announcements
Wednesday, October 23, 2019
- Today, Ms. Mathis’s homeroom should report to Mr. Beukelman’s room. The writing center will be closed today for homeroom.
- Any student with an overdue library book will be charged a fine beginning Friday. Please return all overdue books to the library.
- The BHRA Key Club is sponsoring a Boooo-lood Drive on Thursday, 31 October. The sign-up sheet is in the office. Please be sure to sign up if you wish to donate. If you are 16, you need to have a parental consent form signed and turned in to Mr. Beukelman prior to the drive. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Beukelman. This is the easiest way to save three lives! Thank you for your donation.
- Congratulations to the Cross Country team! Last night the boys took 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to claim the County Title. Lexi Darby, Gabe Martinez, Michael Moreman, Eli Mojonnier, and Emerson Thorlton all earned All-County Honors. Special congratulations to Josh Gernand for winning Fastest Freshman in Vermilion County and Brody Boyer for taking over 2 minutes off of his personal record last night.
- Good luck to our soccer team! They are playing the first round of sectionals tonight against the Normal University High Pioneers. Game time is at 4pm. Please dismiss the soccer players at 1:15. Bus leaves at 1:30.
- The student council meeting for today has been canceled.
- Congratulations to both the JV and varsity blue devil volleyball team for their wins over salt Fork last night. The blue devil volleyball team celebrated the seniors’ last home match and we congratulate all of our seniors! Another big thanks to our blue devil fans, we appreciate all your support throughout our season! The JV team will practice from 3:45 to 5 pm tonight and varsity are off.
- DACC will be in the counseling lobby today during homeroom for any interested students. See Mrs. Stephens for a pass.
- There is a scholastic bowl meeting Thursday during homeroom in Mr. Hasty’s room.
- There will be an information meeting for anyone interested in wrestling this year on Thursday in Mr. Head’s room during homeroom.
- The ASVAB test will be given to any interested juniors or senior on Tuesday November 19th. This test measures a student’s strengths and potential for military careers. If you would like to take the test, sign up with Mrs. Stephens by November 1st.