2019-10-22 BHRA Announcements
Tuesday, October 22, 2019
- DACC will be in the counseling lobby tomorrow during homeroom for any interested students. See Mrs. Stephens for a pass.
- Student council meeting tomorrow in the team room during homeroom.
- Congratulations to the blue devil varsity volleyball team for their championship win in the county tournament last night against Oakwood! It was truly an amazing match with a total team effort! A big thank you goes out to our awesome student fan zone; you all were amazing! You rock the house and were a major reason why we could get that championship!
- The blue devil JV and varsity volleyball teams will play their last home match tonight again Salt Fork. Tonight will be senior night for our awesome nine seniors; we need our blue crew back out again tonight for one more send off for this amazing group of seniors! There is no freshman match so the JV begins at six and the varsity around seven. Let’s make this a great week of volleyball!
- The scholastic bowl meeting is moved to Thursday during homeroom in Mr. Hasty’s room.
- Congratulations the JV football team who defeated Salt Fork last night 44-0. Michael Hackman led the offense with 190 rushing yards and 3 touchdowns. RAmani Stanford scored a touchdown and a 2 point conversion. Seth Hickman scored two touchdowns; one on a 90 yard run, and the other on a pass from Dawson Dodd. Seth also had an interception that he returned 50 yards. Colin Amos competed a 20 yard pass to Amani Stanford. The Blue Devils’ defense smothered the Storm and held them to 53 total yards. Dalton Hicks, Trenton Spicer, Ethan Allison, and Jakob Bozarth led the charge. The JV finished their season undefeated with a 7-0 record.
- There will be an information meeting for anyone interested in wrestling this year on Thursday in Mr. Head’s room during homeroom.
- The ASVAB test will be given to any interested juniors or senior on Tuesday November 19th. This test measures a student’s strengths and potential for military careers. If you would like to take the test, sign up with Mrs. Stephens by November 1st.