2019-10-15 BHRA Announcements
Tuesday, October 15, 2019
- Seniors – Do you need help filling out the FAFSA? An ISAC representative will be here Wednesday from 6:00-7:30 during parent/teacher conferences. Bring your parents and information and fill it out while you’re here.
- Please dismiss chess players at 2:50 today from homeroom.
- Congratulations to Kevin Clapp and Allison Tucker. They both qualified for State Finals!
- Soccer players should be dismissed at 1:45. Bus leaves at 2.
- Juniors taking the PSAT Wednesday. Please remember to bring #2 pencils and a calculator and be in the team room by 8:15 Wednesday morning.
- Freshman should report to Wilcox Gym after attendance is taken in homeroom today for a presentation given by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission.
- Good luck to the blue devil volleyball team as they play in Hoopeston tonight, there will be a freshman match, and the bus leaves at 4:10. Go big blue!
- Key Clubbers: We will be sorting bottle caps today after school in Mr. Beukelman's room. Thank you for your help!
- If anyone is interested in helping with the Rossville Haunted Trail, please sign up with Mr. Beukelman by Thursday. It is on Saturday, 19 October, from 5pm to 11pm.
- Pancake Day People: Your ticket money and permission slips need to be turned in to Mr. Beukelman by tomorrow. Thank you.
- There will be play practice after school today, Wednesday, & Thursday in Ms. Kitchens room for everybody.
- Congratulations to the JV football team who defeated Oakwood 54-12 last night. Freshman Michael Hackman dominated the game rushing for 208 yards, scoring 5 touchdowns and adding a 76 yard kick-off return. Trent Kruse ran for 100 yards and scored twice. Amani Stanford and Seth Hickman also contributed 50 yards rushing. The defense smothered the Comets led by Jakob Bozarth, Cameron Watson, Trent Spicer, Dalton Hicks, and Jace Waterman. Dawson Dodd intercepted 2 passes. The JV is now 6-0 with one more game to play.
- Football playoff t-shirts and hoodies are available to order. We must get the orders by Thursday in order to get them delivered before the playoffs. Pick up order forms in the office.
- There is now a “Share Box” located in the cafeteria for students to share unopened, prepackaged items with other students at lunch. Any student may take items from the box to eat at lunch. Leftover items will be donated to Bismarck Blessings.
- If you found an orange folder – please turn it in to the office.
- East Lake Hospital for Animals is hiring a kennel worker/assistant. See Mrs. Stephens for more information.