2018-09-11 BHRA Announcements
Tuesday, September 11, 2018
- Key Clubbers: There will be a meeting in Mr. Beukelman's room during homeroom on today. This is for the Newell Township Historical Society's Ice Cream Social sign-up this coming weekend.
- Seniors – permission slips for DACC’s College Day are due Friday.
- Seniors – there will be a “College 101” presentation given by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission today during homeroom in the Team Room.
- The Booster Club is in need of a few student volunteers to help with the Freshmen and JV Football concessions. The games are Tuesday, September 11 @ 4:15, Saturday, September 15 @ 10, Monday, September 17 @ 4:15. You may sign up by Mrs. Russell’s door. Thank you for your help.
- The golf team defeated Danville, Westville and Salt Fork last night running their record to 12 – 4. Izaiah Lusk led the way with a 39, Kevin Clapp 43, Michael Chochola 46 and Allison Tucker & Dalton Weidenburer both shooting 59.
- Congratulations to the 2018 Homecoming Court: Morgan Bilstad, Ellie Hawkins, Emma Mojonnier, Annie Nelson, Lauren Tuelp, Luke Dice, Chris Pettice, Chase Rademacher, Carsen White, & Griffin Winkler.
- Congratulations to the JV football team who defeated Hoopeston last night 54-14. Rhett Harper ran for 153 yards and 3 touchdowns. Noah Gomez also scored 3 times. Nick Garmon also added 1 touchdown. Quarterback Brody Sexton completed 3 passes to Mason Hackman, Seth Hickman, and Noah Gomez. The Blue Devils defense held Hoopeston to 98 total yards. The JV team is now 2-0.
- Last night at the Cissna Park volleyball game Emily Meidel set a new school record for 17 kills in one match. Congratulations to her and to the team for an awesome showing last night. Good luck to the blue devil volleyball team as they take on Hoopeston at Hoopeston tonight. Come on up and help us Shuck the Cornjerkers!
- In a battle of unbeaten teams, the Blue Devils came away with a 2-0 victory against Fisher. Drew Reifsteck scored in the 1st half, and on a Penalty kick in the 2nd half for all the scoring. The Blue Devil back line of Carsen White, Mason Queen, Dawson Getts, Philip Howie and Hunter Edwards combined with Rookie goalkeeper Andrew Tingley for the shutout. Tingley had 4 saves in the win. Fisher keeper Ethan Kasper had 7 saves in the loss. The Blue Devils improve to 7-0-1 on the season and play at home vs Oakwood Tues. night at 6pm.