2020-03-05 BHRA Announcements
Thursday, March 05, 2020
- If you are signing up for cheerleading tryouts – please let Mrs. Tidwell know by stopping in and seeing her, or sending her an email. Thank you!
- Scholastic bowl players, meet in the commons at 2:45. We will leave by 3.
- All FFA members - don't forget we are voting today for our officer team! Check in with your homeroom teacher then come to Wilcox gym!
- Spanish Club next Wednesday, March 11th to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Sign up with Senora Frerichs or Senorita Kitchens for a spot. You don’t have to be in Spanish class to sign up. We hope to see you there!
- Seniors – DACC Scholarship deadline is March 9th. New scholarships posted this week: Miley K. Reed Memorial open to any student majoring in Education, Paul Brumaghim Memorial open to students majoring in Insurance, Finance, or Business related fields, and the Crosspoint Human Services Margaret Ward Scholarship open to any senior. Applications are available in the Counseling Lobby.
- Any sophomore planning on taking Dual Enrollment History or College Express next year needs to turn in their course request form and DACC/College Express application by Friday.
- The FUN BUS will be traveling to Pontiac on Friday to cheer on the Boys in the SECTIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP! Way to go boys!!! The bus will leave BHRA at 4:30. Sign-up and grab a permission slip in the office.
- If you are interested in attending Art Camp at Eastern Illinois University this summer see Mrs. Post for a scholarship opportunity. This Scholarship covers instruction, lodging, meals, and recreational activities. Scholarship forms will be due to Mrs. Post by May 11th, 2020.
- Student Leaders Meeting today during homeroom in Mrs. Guminski’s room.
- FCA meeting today during homeroom in the Library.
- Get your Blue Devil St. Patrick's Day shirt! Irish for a day, Blue Devil for life. Order forms are in the office or with Ms. Mathis and due tomorrow! Represent your school and look great doing it!
- Mrs. Post and Mrs. Tidwell are planning an educational travel trip to London, Paris and Berlin during spring break 2021! There are posters hanging in the hallways. Sign-up on the sheets to show your interest. A parent meeting will happen March 16th. More information coming soon! This trip is open to all students, not just art and history.
- Cheer Tryouts! Practices start Wed March 11th from 6-8 and March 16th from 6-8 with tryouts being March 18th at 7:30pm. Please be at both practices to learn the routines. Packets are available in the office.
- Student council meeting Monday during homeroom.
- FCA shirt and hoodie orders due tomorrow. Order forms can be found in the office or online.