Mrs. Carpenter's Newsletter
Mrs. Carpenter’s Newsletter
Friday, April 13, 2012
It was a pleasure to return to work this week. The students are getting over the excitement of my return and are getting back into our regular routine.
Mrs. Gibson did a fabulous job in my absence. On Monday afternoon I came in to have a “Thank You” party for her. During that time she gave me the sympathy card all the children had signed for me and the additional money left after she paid for the beautiful glass shadow box with flowers and butterflies from her and the class. Thanks to all of you for your thoughts, prayers, and contributions.
• Our reading story for the week of April 16th – 20th will be Dinosaurs Travel.
• Our English focus will be on the verbs “go, do, went, did”.
• We are continuing to work on two digit subtraction problems with regrouping in Math.
• In order to get back on our Spelling schedule we will have a “Spring Words” Spelling list for next week.
Each word needs to be written 8 times each. There will be no dictation sentences for this week only.
• Eli, Amarah, Lezlea, and Vivianna have reached their A.R goal for the fourth nine weeks.
• We will be working hard to learn how to write the remainder of the upper case letters in cursive.