Mrs. Carpenter's Newsletter
Mrs. Carpenter’s Newsletter
Friday, November 11, 2011
• Our reading story for next week is From Seed to Plant.
• Our English focus will be on the names of the months.
• We are still working on Data and Graphs in Math.
• Spelling words for the week of November 14th – 18th are words with spr, str, and thr. The words are sprout, streams, through, strong, strap, springtime, spray, throat, three, ostrich, pioneers, clearing, air, different, light.
• Dictation sentences for the week are:
1. Three streams ran through the valley.
2. An ostrich has a very strong kick.
• We will be going to the Festival of Trees on Tuesday, November 15th.
• Students who have reached their second nine week goal in A.R. are Alexis, Amarah, Jeanell, Lezlea, Eli, Viviannna, Jace, and Jordan.