Mrs. Carpenter's Newsletter
Mrs. Carpenter’s Newsletter
Friday, September 30, 2011
• Our reading story for next week is The Enormous Turnip. Please continue to practice the vocabulary words with your child.
• Our Spelling word list for the week of October 3rd – October 7th is Theme 2 Lesson 1 Words with ach and och. The words are: black, pack, crack, snack, horseback, lock, rocket, flock, shock, clock, appreciate, acrobat, grow, last, mouse.
• Four more students have met their goal for the first nine weeks in A.R. They are Alex L., Alex M., Noah, and Jace. Keep encouraging your child to check out books from our class library to take tests over them after reading them at least two times. They only have two more weeks to reach their goal for the 1st nine weeks.
• MAPS testing begin next week. Our first session will be on Tuesday during our Library time. Please make sure your child gets plenty of sleep on Monday night.
• Don’t forget to go to Bismarck’s website and sign up for Parent Teacher conferences so you can get a time that works best for you.