Searching for books at the BHRA library:
HOW TO FIND A BOOK THAT IS ACTUALLY FOUND AT THE BHRA LIBRARY
Ok, so let's say that you need to find out if BHRA has any books on the subject of Colonial America, since you are going to need one more source for your research paper.
1. Go to the catalog
2. In the search box beside Keyword Search, type in Colonial America and hit GO
3. Over on the left hand column, put a check mark in the box for Bismarck Henning High School. This will limit the results to just the items we own on the subject of Colonial America.
4. If you wish to request it, click the Request It button on the left, and type in your barcode and pin (which you can get from your librarian). The next time you visit the library, your book will be waiting at the counter.
Requesting a book from another library:
Ok, so this is like magic! BHRA belongs to a the Illinois Heartland Library System (IHLS) where member libraries network together and share resources. What does that mean for BHRA students? Well, since there are 520+ members in IHLS, students can basically find resources from all those members. That means access to almost 10 MILLION items!
When you click the link below, you have instant access to those 520+ libraries. Just follow these directions.
Type in the name of the book you want
- Select "book" as your format
- Type in your barcode and password (you get this from your school librarian)
- Hit request. It's that easy!
Illinois Heartland Library System
How to check out eBooks and Audiobooks:
Check out a huge selection of Ebooks through MyMediaMall at IHLS (Illinois Heartland Library System). You will need to see Mrs. Story to get your Student barcode and to select a pin in order to do this. Search for your book, select the Ebook, or Audiobook, as your format. That's all there is to it!
If you already know your barcode and pin, just hit the link below:
3M Cloud Library App
Students at BHRA can browse, borrow, and read right in the Cloud Library App. Download the 3M Cloud library app on your smartphone or device, select the Lincoln Trail Library System as your Library and log in with your library barcode number and pin. Not sure what your pin is? Contact the BHRA librarian.
Cloud Library User Guide Basics
You can download the app on up to 5 devices. The cloud Library will sync across all your devices.
You can borrow 5 items at one time and place holds on 5 items at a time. Items expire automatically when they are due, there are NEVER any late fees.
Cloud Library eBooks and eAudiobooks are also included in the online catalog. Browse and check out Cloud Library titles just like with print items. Borrowed items will magically appear in your cloud Library app when connected to wifi.
Items can be returned early. Simply tap on the Return tab under my books for a full list of your items. Return those you are finished with so the next patron in line can start reading.
Use filters within the app to customize what you see. You can filter by format (eBook or eAudiobook) or see only items currently available for checkout with no holds.